- Position Type: Direct Hire
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented “Jack-of-all-trades” BIM Coordinator/3D Modeler. Highly motivated professionals are a must! The industry is evolving and thus you will be required to evolve your skill-set and your way of thinking. Daily tasks may include modeling specific trades, managing 3D projects, creating action item plans, and talking with clients and subcontractors.
Essential Functions – BIM Coordinator:
- Coordinate and manage the project model by working with design teams, vendors, subcontractors and clients on the project.
- Run Weekly Project BIM Coordination Meetings.
- Track day-to-day and week-to-week “hot-button” items and include in the Navisworks model.
- Assist in development of project documentation such as the project BIM Execution Plan and Schedule.
- Perform periodic interference detection and create clash reports to facilitate resolutions and hold design teams, vendors and subcontractors accountable for model updates.
- Ensure all models are compatible and 3D data is available to all project participants
- Demonstrate solid writing skills.
- Possess solid verbal communication skills for owner presentations necessary to clearly articulate our expertise in the execution of selected workflows.
Essential Functions – 3D Modeler:
- Model various MEP systems and/or structural components.
- Create project-specific families as needed.
- Visually verify scope clashes between assigned trades and those of others.
- Use Navisworks to find issues, record issues, and verify clash resolution.
- Create layout drawings of all MEP systems.
- Participate in BIM coordination meetings.
- Mid-level 3D Modeler with 5+ years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Navisworks Manage with 5+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of the BIM processes with 2+ years of related experience.
- Experience in AutoCAD 3D software.
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight.
- Core understanding of building systems, construction methods, installation procedures and sequencing.
- Builds effective relationships with others that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customers' expectations.
Other “Plus” Qualifications
- Knowledge of Revit Structural.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Advanced Steel.
- Knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor
- Structural, HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing Design knowledge.
- A “can-do” attitude.
- Does whatever it takes to get the job done (and done right!).
- Never misses a deadline.
- Well spoken.