- Position Type: Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a designer with a mechanical/piping background to help us with our growing workload of oil & gas projects. Candidate should be a well organized, highly motivated individual who is works well in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform site visits to document existing conditions.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, isometrics, process & instrumentation diagrams, and specifications.
- Create pipe routing and layouts including specification and placement of flanges, joints, and fittings in 3D model software.
- Create and maintain 3D models.
- Develop mechanical and facility drawing packages in AutoCAD.
- Develop isometrics, bill of materials.
- Coordinate with Discipline Technical Leader, Project Manager and design team to incorporate design information and client standards into the design drawings and data.
- Work with Discipline Technical Leader on pipe and valve sizing and material specifications.
Associates or Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering/Technology.
- Experience with AutoCAD software, recent release.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Plant 3D piping software experience a plus.
- Reading and drawing P&IDs a plus.
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 piping codes a plus.
- Good writing, organization, and communication skills