- Position Type: Direct Hire
- Works independently with minimal direction to complete assigned tasks within budgeted hours and schedule.
- Provides design support for Erosion and Sediment (E&S) Control and Post-Construction Stormwater Management (PCSM)/Site Restoration Plans.
- Performs engineering calculations in support of engineering design including E&S BMP sizing and placement and hydrologic and hydraulic calculations in support of PCSM design.
- Provides support and direction to design staff for grading of energy infrastructure including pads and access roads.
- Prepares quantity takeoffs and bid packages in support of construction activity.
- Prepares plan sets for NPDES permit submissions.
- Provides initial QA/QC review of engineering deliverables.
- Maintains knowledge of current permitting regulations and requirements for projects in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
- Manages schedule and budget for design tasks and provides status reports regularly to the Project Engineer.
- Possesses ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Assists with the development of proposals including writing scope-of-work and cost-estimates for engineering and environmental teams.
- Bachelors (B.S.) degree from an accredited college in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of permitting and design experience in the energy industry.
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) or Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure preferred.
- AutoCAD Civil3D, Stormwater Design Software (HydroCAD, or equivalent) and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Experience with Trimble GPS equipment and software is preferred.
Physical Demands and/or Additional Information:
- Ability to hike moderate distances through unimproved terrain occasionally will be required.
- Ability to hear and visualize potential hazards during field work on raw land and construction sites.