Manager - Water Engineering
- Position Type: Direct Hire
- Actively manage the training, development, and performance of the water engineering staff. Develop and empower engineers to be proactive and responsible decision makers, leading the projects assigned to them.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration within the water engineering team and across all project functions.
- Assist water engineers with prioritizing work, and manage contract engineering resources as needed to support work load.
- Assist with system planning efforts to develop efficient water supply and gathering systems that support the company’s goals.
- Direct project management activities such as economic evaluation, scope definition, development of cost estimates, project scheduling, and project controls.
- Prepare annual and LRP budgets for water projects in conjunction with Operations.
- Ensure that all major facilities projects are executed using the stage gated project management process.
- Work directly with Midstream Operations to achieve synergies and cost savings, while meeting project deadlines, for water pipeline installation that coincides with midstream development.
- Develop cost and schedule tracking tools to ensure budget and project timelines are met.
- Develop a maintenance process for impoundments, tank pads, pipeline systems, pump stations, and other facility components in accordance with applicable industry and regulatory requirements as well as operational needs.
- Evaluate and/or develop treatment systems and technologies as necessary to meet new water treatment requirements or improve existing facilities.
- Implement and manage systems for forecasting material and equipment needs to supply chain team and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Manage project documentation process and company job book library/repository for as-built information for all facility projects.
- Comply with local, state, and federal requirements and industry standards in order to protect the public, employees, and the environment.
- B.S. in Engineering - Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Petroleum Engineering preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in midstream or water engineering and construction.
- Project management experience and a technical knowledge of water transfer and pipeline construction.
- Experience with managing a budget and forecasting costs
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Strong economic analysis to support decisions making
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to drive safely off-road in adverse conditions.
- May require travel to other operating areas.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)