provides oversight to ensure that client field operations are performed safely and that client locations remain in compliance with all relevant Environmental Health and Safety related regulations, as well as company-enforced procedures, to achieve safe operations for our clients.
• Conduct daily, weekly and monthly safety and environmental inspections for Operations; specializing in Completions. Worked relief shifts for Drilling and Production during their days off.
• Ensure Contractor compliance with OHSA regulations and expectations and work with Superintendents, Managers, and Directors to ensure HSE excellence.
• Conduct field safety meetings with Completions crews pre-shift.
• Assist with SIMOPS hazard recognition and mitigation measure implementation and training.
• Manage the installation, inspection, and maintenance of well pad containment liner systems to ensure environmental compliance, while continuously improving containment practices and cost reduction strategies. Work with applicable Drilling Engineers/Superintendents to design, plan and execute pad layout needs, site meetings, and containment systems installation for all well phases pursuant to Master Containment Plan. Manage re-use inventory.
• Assist with and oversee well pad final contour grading and well cellar installations.
• Inspect and critically review Contractor safety procedures and permits-to-work such as JSA documentation, Hot Work, and Confined Space permits.
• Assist Director, EH&S Affairs with review and updating of Integrated Contingency Plans containing Site Specific Data Sheets, Tables, Drawings, SPCC/PPC Plans, ICS/ERP Plans, Waste Management Plans, and Master Containment Plans.
• Responsible for internal incident notifications and incident response and initial investigations pertaining to injuries, accidents, near-miss events, vehicular accidents, and spills. On call 24/7.
• Assist with safety and environmental incident investigation and root cause analysis.
• Maintain compliance to state and federal Safety and Environmental regulations.
• Mentor Energy personnel and their Operations Consultants, and Contractors regarding HSE SOPs and best practices.
• Provide safety and environmental regulatory training to all field operations personnel.
• Worked with all Energy Managers and Directors to reduce spills and notices of violations.
• Contributed to achieving excellent work place safety and OSHA metrics (e.g., TRIR and DART) compared to other peer companies and onshore gas industry benchmarks.
• Meet with stage agency (i.e., PADEP) representatives during site visits and inspections.
• Manage all waste Contractors to ensure regulatory compliance and appropriate usage of manifests and shipping/disposal documentation.