- Position Type: Direct Hire
POSITION SUMMARY: The Procurement Manager is responsible for leading the Purchasing Agents that support all projects for processing plants, compressor stations, and pipeline as well as existing operations. Performs all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and governmental requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Works in conjunction with Purchasing Team to support capital projects and operations by taking the lead in or assisting with the following functions:
- Establish and document process flows to develop a best in class Procurement organization.
- Ability to negotiate with trade contractors and manufacturers to ensure that MarkWest is capturing cost savings.
- Ability to delegate to team members and provide leadership to team members, trades and consultants to maintain a high performance team
- Leads efforts with respect to negotiation of contraction deviations and change notices, and ensure adherence to contractual requirements
- Support development and coordination of contractor/vendor qualification database
- Support development and establishment strategic sourcing agreements
- Lead efforts in bidding materials and equipment bid, tabulated, and purchased (in support of Company Purchasing).
- Evaluate and identify opportunities for strategic partnerships to drive material availability and cost savings
- Identify opportunities for growing the use of Blanket Purchase Orders.
- Review industry conditions to provide insight to the business on lead times and pricing trends
- Establish “take back” programs with key suppliers
- Establish and lead a formal reverse supply chain process.
- Maintain compliance with all internal controls and actively suggest modifications to continue to improve the internal control environment.
- Leading and motivating direct reports to accomplish cost savings and implement raw materials strategies
- Develop a cross training plans to ensure coverage for all business areas.
- The ability to work well with people at various organizational levels and demonstrated leadership ability are needed
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills for frequent contact with suppliers, the technical community and within MarkWest at both technical and leadership levels are essential
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage a team of 5 Purchasing Agents that support the Northeast Business Unit
The position requires 10 years of Supply Chain experience in the natural gas industry or industrial construction field with 5 years of experience in a leadership role. Accounting or Supply Chain type-degree is a plus. An MBA is preferred.
Current valid driver’s license required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all level of individuals/employees is required. Communication skills will carry a heavy emphasis. Functional knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project are preferred.